Monday, June 4, 2012

Herbs, Herbs, Herbs

So I decided that I wanted to plant an herb garden the other day.  I have this
thing about herbs and I am not even sure why...I think it might be the
smell because I do not by any means cook or know how (well
at least anything further than the basics).

So a couple of weeks ago me and my super awesome step daughter
Taylin headed out to Lowe's to see what we could get into.

We made our way to the herbs and with a little advice from Tay we picked
out a few herbs, some other essentials and headed home.

Lowe's List
1. Rosemary
2. Basil
3. Oregano
4. Cilantro
5. Gravel
6. Vegetable and Herb Soil

I snapped a few shots of the planting so I could share with all you guys!


I placed gravel in the bottom of one of our galvanized tins from our wedding
since there were not any holes in the bottom.  I did that so the roots
would not be saturated in water all the time. 


Then I added the soil.

 

Next comes the herbs...


water and my herb garden is complete!



 I now have some really cute herb labels that I will share
with you in a later post.

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment